Coming into Digby
The most common way in to Digby is via exit 26 off Highway 101. These directions are from that starting point.
1) For time trials on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, you will turn inland from the stop sign at the exit. They are held at the airport, about 8 km away, so you're turning away from downtown Digby. There is a cost to run in the time trials: $10 for 2 runs. The time trials are coordinated by the Widows Sons Temple Guard.
2) Right off the highway, the Harley-Davidson demo rides and pin stop will be set up in the Superstore / Walmart parking lot on Friday and Saturday. Also on Saturday morning, participants in the Darren Williams' Commemorative Ride to the Afghanistan Memorial will muster in the Walmart parking lot starting around 10am with kickstands up at 11am. There is a shuttle pickup location in front of the Walmart garden centre.
3) As you're coming up the hill past McDonald's, Sunset Pub is on your right and their campground is on your left. This is the location of the tattoo contest on Saturday at 6pm. There is also a shuttle stop for the Annapolis Basin Conference Centre in front of Bruce Chev Olds there.
4) Ride on into town. Just past the Digby Shell station on your left will be the field where the Biker Games are held on Saturday afternoon - right across from the CARQUEST. The Biker Games are hosted by the Annapolis Valley Precision Drill Team and sponsored by the Conway Quick Stop (farther down on your left).
5) In front of the Sobey store on your left, you'll probably see the Honda Come Ride with Us truck and demo rides. At the lights in front of you, the name of the road becomes Warwick Street, and the cross road is Victoria. On your right, just past the lights, you'll see the big Tim Horton's. Some of our rides and parades start here.
6) By turning left onto Victoria Road, you'll come along to the Arena on your left, behind the DQ, where the Annapolis Valley Precision Drill Team holds their shows on Saturday and Sunday and their Obstacle Challenge on Sunday. The guided tour to Brier Island also meets at the arena on Sunday at 1pm.
7) Beside Tim Horton's, in the parking lot, is our main registration area, the Welcome Centre. If you haven't already picked up your package with the headlight sticker, stop in here so you can get downtown.
8) Downtown: as you curve the corner, Headquarters is on your left, across the street from the brightly painted Visitor Information Centre. Here, you'll find official merchandise, 50/50 tickets and raffle tickets. You can also register here. The shuttle will drop you off directly behind Headquarters.
Vendors are down Wayfarers' Walk - the grassy area across from Headquarters - and all along Admiral's Walk. Our vendors are listed on our website under Confirmed Vendors.
At the middle of town, you'll find the Promenade where Harley-Davidson will be set up once again with new models and H-D fashions. Directly across the street is where you'll find a paramedic if you need one. At that little intersection, you may come across Paul Gidney shucking scallops and raffling them off for charity. He's right besde the Scotiabank.
Further ahead, on your right, is the entrance to the Marina parking lot and the bandstand. This area is pedestrian-only. Victory Motorcycles will be set up there, and once you enter through the walkway in front of Victory, you'll see the bandstand and beer garden on your right. There are more vendors in this area, and this is also where you'll find our custom builders. You can purchase official Wharf Rat Rally merchandise at a booth across from Victory, have Bean're or Phonse Jessome autograph a book you just purchased and buy 50/50 and raffle tickets. (Remember, last year's winner took home $26,300!)
From the main drag, if you continue along, the road comes to a "Y". Here, on your left, is the Heritage Centre and the parking lot in front of it is where we'll have the trials rider course for you to try. If you curve to your right, you'll see the entrance and exit into a parking lot where Orange Paint Factory and Goldwing King will be set up to pin stripe your bike or load you up with LED lights. We're also hoping to have a Lucas Oil oil-change station there for at least a couple hours a day.
If you curve to your right at the "Y", and then continue on, you'll come to the Wharf. Again - pedestrians only here please, and watch for the occassional truck because it is a working wharf. On the wharf, you'll find Hub City Stunters, drift trikes, the Cool Moves BMX show and the Parts Canada Rat Cage Burnout Contest.
Going all the way through town and turning toward the left (the traffic volunteers will point you in that direction), the first street to your left is First Avenue. It is one-way only and motorcycle-only but please watch for pedestrians. The fire station is on your right, and this is where the show n shine is held, hosted by the Red Knights.
Sponsors: if you see a medallion on a store or restaurant door, that business supports the Wharf Rat Rally. Please support them back!