Our visual map can be found here, or in the centre of one of our printed programs.
Coming into Digby
The most common way in to Digby is via exit 26 off Highway 101. These directions are from that starting point.
1) Right off the highway, the Harley-Davidson demo rides will be set up in the Superstore / Walmart parking lot on Friday and Saturday. Also on Saturday morning, participants in the Darren Williams' Commemorative Ride to the Afghanistan Memorial will muster in the Walmart parking lot starting around 10am with kickstands up at 11am. There is a shuttle pickup location in front of the Walmart garden centre.
2) As you're coming up the hill past McDonald's, Sunset Pub is on your right and their campground is on your left. This is the location of the Mud & Beer Fest including the tattoo contest on Saturday at 6pm. There is also a shuttle stop for the Wharf Rat Rally and also for the Annapolis Basin Conference Centre in front of Bruce Chev Olds there.
3) As you come in toward town, there's another shuttle stop at the Guy's Frenchy's parking lot.
4) In front of the Sobey's store on your left, you'll probably see the Honda Come Ride with Us truck and demo rides. These run on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. There's another shuttle stop between the Sobey's store and the NSLC (Wave a "thank you" at the staff at NSLC for providing the shuttle service!). At the lights in front of you, the name of the road becomes Warwick Street, and the cross road is Victoria. On your right, just past the lights, you'll see the big Tim Horton's. Some of our rides start here.
5) By turning left onto Victoria Road, you'll come along to the Arena on your left, behind the DQ, where the Annapolis Valley Precision Drill Team holds their shows on Saturday and Sunday and their Obstacle Challenge on Sunday. The guided tour to Brier Island also meets at the arena on Sunday at 1pm. There is a shuttle stop on Victoria across from the arena.
6) Beside Tim Horton's, in the parking lot, is our main registration area, the Welcome Centre. If you haven't already picked up your package with the headlight sticker, stop in here so you can get downtown. Another shuttle stop is here at the Welcome Centre.
7) Along Warwick, continue downtown: as you curve the corner, Headquarters is on your left, across the street from the brightly painted Visitor Information Centre. Here, you'll find official merchandise and 50/50 tickets. You can also register here. The shuttle will drop you off directly behind Headquarters.
The final shuttle stop is on First Avenue in front of Town Hall at the corner of Sydney Street, near the new Sydney Street Pub. Walk downhill and you'll be in the centre of all the action!
Vendors are all along Admiral's Walk. Our vendors are listed on our website under Confirmed Vendors.
At the middle of town, you'll find the Promenade where we will have occasional busker performances. Directly across the street is where you'll find a paramedic if you need one.
Further ahead, on your right, is the entrance to the Marina parking lot and the bandstand. This area is pedestrian-only. Once you enter through the entranceway, you'll see the bandstand and the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 20 Digby beer garden on your right. There are more vendors in this area, and this is also where you'll find our custom builders. You can purchase official Wharf Rat Rally merchandise at a booth inside the entrance, or buy 50/50 tickets. (Remember, last year's winner took home over $26,000!)
From the main drag, if you continue along, the road comes to a "Y". Here, on your left, is the Heritage Centre and the parking lot in front of it is where we'll have the show 'n' shine and rat bike contests. Inside the Heritage Hall you'll find scheduled seminars and a sign-up desk for contests. To the right of the Heritage Centre is the field where the Biker Games will be held on Saturday afternoon - be sure to stop by to participate or have a chuckle. The Biker Games are hosted by the Annapolis Valley Precision Drill Team.
If you curve to your right at the "Y", and then continue on, you'll come to the Wharf. Along the way, you'll see V-Twin Mechanical. Here, Phil and his team can do small repairs and is hosting a Lucas Oil oil-change station there for at least a couple hours a day. Watch for pedestrians along here, and watch for the occassional truck because it is a working wharf. On the wharf, you'll find Christina Billings' show, drift trikes, and the Cool Moves BMX show.
Going all the way through town and turning toward the left (the traffic volunteers will point you in that direction), the first street to your left is First Avenue. It is one-way only; please watch for pedestrians. You may have to park along First Avenue if the downtown core is full, or perhaps the volunteers will direct you back along toward the wharf on Maiden Lane to find a parking space.
Sponsors: if you see a medallion on a store or restaurant door, that business supports the Wharf Rat Rally. Please support them back!
2018 Activities will be explained here: check back soon!